Amy Klobuchar is one of the candidates who are in the race of USA presidential election 2020 and member of the Minnesota Democratic Farmer Labor Party. She has been a member of the United States Senate since 2007. She was born on 25th May 1960 in Plymouth, Minnesota as a daughter of journalist and author Jim Klobuchar and teacher Rose Katherine Heuberger. Her father is Slovenian while her mother is Swiss. After graduating from high school, she studied political science at Yale University and she received Bachelor of Arts degree in 1982. In 1985, she obtained her JD from the Law School of the University of Chicago. Then she worked for various law firms and as a consultant for the former US Vice President Walter Mondale. Later she became a prosecutor in Hennepin County in 1998 and worked until 2006.
Career in USA Politics
After Democratic Senator Mark Dayton announced early in 2005 that he would not run again, Klobuchar was the favorite for the successor. On 29th September 2005, she announced her candidacy and was also able to prevail it in the party’s preliminary selection. In the Senate elections on 7th November 2006, Klobuchar received 58 percent of the vote, prevailing against Republican Mark Kennedy. Klobuchar then became a senator at the United States 110th Congress on 3rd January 2007, becoming Minnesota’s first elected senator. She was re-elected with a clear majority in the 2012 election and in the 2018 election with 60 to 36 percent of the vote against Republican Jim Neuberger. Amy announced her candidacy for the 2020 presidential election on 10th February 2019; she had previously been considered a potential candidate.
Amy Klobuchar Biography
|Real Name||Amy Jean Klobuchar|
|Birth Date||May 25, 1960|
|Birth Place||Plymouth, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Profession||Lawyer and Politician|
Amy Klobuchar Height, Weight and Body Measurement
|Height||in feet inches – 5’ 4” – in centimeters – 162 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 63 kg – in Pounds – 139 lbs|
|Bra (Breast) Size||40C|
|Shoe Size||7 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|School||Wayzata High School|
|College||University of Chicago Law School|
Amy Klobuchar Affairs (Relationship Status)
|What is Amy Klobuchar marital status? (single, married, in relation or divorce)||Married|
|How many children does Amy Klobuchar have?||One Daughter (Abigail Klobuchar Bessler)|
|Is Amy Klobuchar having any relationship affair?||No|
|Is Amy Klobuchar lesbian?||No|
|Who is Amy Klobuchar husband?||John Bessler|
Amy Klobuchar Net Worth:
Associated in American politics and having worked as a corporate lawyer, Klobuchar and her husband’s net worth is estimated to be around $2 million according to Forbes reports. Ever since entered in politics in 2006, they have donated about $70000 to charity which is approximately 2% of their earnings.
Trivia: Important Facts about Amy Klobuchar
- Amy was born and raised in Plymouth, Minnesota and lives in Minneapolis.
- In her election manifesto for the presidential election in 2020 she supports abolition of the death penalty, the legalization of marijuana and an increase in the minimum wage to $ 15.
- She supports the abolition of tuition fees for the first two years at colleges, but speaks out against completely free higher education.
- Amy opposes universal health insurance (Medicare for all), but favors expanding state health care.
- She also advocates moderate tax increases for high-income earners while rejecting a wealth tax, abolishing Electoral College, cutting military spending, and punitive tariffs when the need arises.
- In 2001 she was awarded “Attorney of the Year”.
- Apart from politics, she likes to write and have written several books as well.