Wyatt Russell Net Worth
Wyatt Russell net worth: Wyatt estimated net worth is believed to be somewhere near $4 million, which he has been building since he was a professional hockey player, but most of his income comes from his acting career.
There isn’t much information about his current assets, since he tries to live a very private life along with his wife and one-year-old son.
If you are a Marvel fan you may have recently heard about Wyatt Russell. He is the new Captain America and lately, he has caused some commotion in Hollywood thanks to his amazing acting skills.
Russell has been active since he was 11 years old in 1996, but it wasn’t until a couple of years ago that he became more popular in show business.
In the next post, we will talk about everything you need to know about this former ice hockey player, how he changed his professional path, his net worth, and a little bit of his personal life.
Wyatt Hawn Russell was born on July 10th, 1986 in Los Angeles, California, United States of America. Both of his parents, Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn, are famous actors, so he was always very involved in show business. However, this wasn’t his first career option.
Russell started playing hockey when he was four years old and became a really active player. After he graduated high school, he was accepted into the University of Alabama with a scholarship for ice hockey, where he was part of the college’s team as a backup goalkeeper.
He kept growing as a hockey player, but he was forced to retire in 2010 because of an injury and that is when he decided to pursue acting as his new career.
Though Wyatt Russell had some experience with acting, it wasn’t until 2010 that it became his full-time job. His first role was in 1987 when he was only one year old in the movie Overboard.
He had some minor roles during his childhood and teenage years in several movies, such as Escape From L.A in 1996, Soldier in 1998, The Last Supper in 2006, and High School in 2010.
In 2010, he made his first appearance on TV on an episode of Law & Order: LA. He landed more extra roles in different movies in the following years, including Cowboys & Aliens, This is 40, and Love and Honor.
Russell also made an appearance on an episode of Arrested Development in 2013 and on the web series The Walking Dead: The Oath.
Later in 2014, he appeared in three movies, Cold in July as Freddy Russell, At the Devil’s Door, as Sam, and 22 Jump Street, as Zook Haythe.
Thanks to this last movie, he got his first award nomination in the 2014 edition of the Teen Choice Awards, however, he didn’t win, but it would catch the eye of the public because of his performance with Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill.
Wyatt was the lead role on episode 2 of season 3 of Netflix’s Black Mirror, Playtest. He played Cooper, a young man who decides to travel around the world after losing his father to Alzheimer’s and loses his money because his credit card was robbed.
This same year, 2016, he played Jason in Folk Hero & Funny Guy, where he would meet his current wife.
By 2017, Russell was part of 4 movies, Table 29, Ingrid Goes West, Shimmer Lake, and Goon: Last of the Enforcers. The next year he stuck on TV for some time while he was part of the show Lodge 49, a comedy-drama about an ex-surfer who is looking for a happy life, but it was canceled in 2019 after two seasons.
2018 was a great year for Wyatt Russell because he landed the lead role of Lewis Ford in the horror-action movie Overlord along with Jovan Adepo, this was a good move for his career since it opened more offers in the future thanks to his performance.
In 2020 he appeared on 8 episodes of The Good Lord Bird as J.E.B Stuart.
In 2021, he was part of The Woman in the Window, along with Amy Adams, Julianne Moore, Gary Oldman, and his current co-star Anthony Mackie.
This was also the year his major role to date was premiered, as John Walker on Marvel’s The Falcon and the Winter Soldier where he reunited with Anthony Mackie and worked by Sebastian Stan’s side. He is expected to be part of the upcoming Captain America 4 which is currently in development.
Movies & TV
- Overboard (1987)
- Escape from L.A (1996)
- Soldier (1998)
- The Last Supper (2006)
- High School (2010)
- Law & Order: LA (2010)
- Cowboys & Aliens (2011)
- This is 40 (2012)
- We Are What We Are (2013)
- Love and Honor (2013)
- Arrested Development (2013)
- The Walking Dead: The Oath (2013)
- 22 Jump Street (2014)
- Cold in July (2014)
- At the Devil’s Door (2014)
- Prisoner (2015)
- Everybody Wants Some!! (2016)
- Folk Hero & Funny Guy (2016)
- Black Mirror (2016)
- Ingrid Goes West (2017)
- Table 19 (2017)
- Goon: Last of the Enforcers (2017)
- Shimmer Lake (2017)
- Blaze (2018)
- Overlord (2018)
- Lodge 49 (2018-2019)
- The Good Lord Bird (2020)
- The Woman in the Window (2021)
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2021)
- Captain America 4 (TBA)
|Real Name||Wyatt Hawn Russell|
|Birth Date||July 10th, 1986|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California, US|
|Profession||Actor. Former hockey player|
|Religion||Christian and Jewish|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches
|Chest Size||41 inches
|Waist Size||34 inches
|Biceps Size||13 inches
|College||University of Alabama|
|Sister||Kate Hudson (half-sister)|
|Brother||Oliver Hudson (half-brother), Boston Russell|
|What is Wyatt Russell’s Marital Status?||Married|
|Is Wyatt Russell having any relationship affairs?||No|
|Is Wyatt Russell gay?||No|
|Who is Wyatt Russell’s spouse?||Meredith Hagner|
|How many children does Wyatt Russell have?||1|
|Color||Black and white|
|Hobby||Travel and fishing|
Wyatt Russell-Personal life
Wyatt Russell used to be married to Sanne Hamers, a stylist who he met in the Netherlands back in 2012, two years after dating they decided to get married.
They were together until 2015 when they divorced, and the next year he started dating his Folk Hero & Funny Guy co-star, Meredith Hagner. Russell and Hagner got married in September 2019 in Aspen Colorado.
The couple used to live in Sherman Oaks, California in a Spanish-style house which they bought together in 2018. The mansion had three bedrooms, 3 and a half bathrooms, wood floors, and a stainless steel kitchen and was worth $1.7 million.
They have a son named Buddy Prine Russell, who was born in March of 2021. Wyatt does not have social media, but there are a lot of fan accounts on Instagram and Twitter that post news about him.
- Wyatt Russell is American actor Bing Russell’s grandson.
- Russell is Oliver and Kate Hudson’s half-brother, who are his mother’s children from her previous marriage
- Wyatt has a lot of European descendant from his mother’s side, including German, English, Scottish, Irish and Hungarian.
- Wyatt Russell is half-Jewish.
- Russell played for a lot of hockey teams, including the Langley Hornets, the Groningen Grizzlies, the Chicago Steel, the Richmond Sockeyes, the Brampton Capitals, the Coquitlam Express, and his college team the Chargers.
- Wyatt Russell has been married two times, first to stylist Sanne Handers and now to actress Meredith Hanger.
- He loves fishing.
- His favorite place to vacation is Switzerland.
- Wyatt was a goaltender for the 2022 NHL All-Star Game’s break-away challenge.
- Russell enjoys spending time with his family and is very close to his parents.
- He asked for his father’s opinion on him being part of the MCU since he is part of the company as Ego in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
- Wyatt Russell was cast for the new FX original mini-series Under the Banner of Heaven in 2022.
- Russell affirms that he wasn’t very aware of his parents’ success until he was about 10 years old. He also shared the advice they gave him when he decided to pursue acting, which was “Know your lines and be on time, and don’t be an a**hole”.
- Wyatt has talked about his concern about people’s reaction to his replacement of Chris Evans as the new Captain America. He affirms it is an honor to have been selected for the part and hopes that people don’t hate him.
It seems like we will be hearing a lot more about Wyatt Russell because of his upcoming lead role in Marvel’s Captain America in the next part of the MCU as Steve Roger’s successor. His career looks very promising and has a growing fan base who supports him.