American veteran actor Orson Bean has just been killed in a fatal accident after 91 years of age. He was born on 22nd July 1928 in Burlington, Vermont, USA and George Burroughs and his wife Marian Pollard. His father, a cop by profession, later became head of Harvard campus police and he was the cousin of then president of the USA, Calvin Coolidge. He completed graduation from Cambridge Rindge and Latin School in 1947 and got enrolled as an army personnel for 18 months in the USA army. He took up stage name from one of the most artistically influential directors of cinesa, Orson Welles.
Career in Brief:
In order to pursue career in acting, he moved to New York and started working as a comedian in some nightclubs. His Broadway debut was on April 30, 1954 at Stalag 17, which was filmed only a year earlier by Billy Wilder and has now been adapted as a stage play. However, his next piece Men of Distinction turned out to be a flop. In the early 1950s, Bean was blacklisted for his liberal views and had to miss out large theatrical and film offerings. In 1968 Bean was become a supporter of Richard Nixon’s politics and supported him in his election program.
In contrast to his success on stage – nominated for a Tony Award in 1962, among others – Orson Bean’s film career should only be crowned with moderate success. In 1959 he was in anatomy of a murder by Otto Preminger in his most famous film in front of the camera. In 2000 he was nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Award for his role in Being John Malkovich. Bean’s most famous role was probably that of Loren Bray in the western series Dr. Quinn – a passionate doctor, who the actor embodied between 1993 and 1998.
Orson Bean Death:
Just yesterday on 7th February 2020, he got struck by a car while passing street by walking in Venice Boulevard in Venice, California. Accident was too fatal that he announced death on the spot by a sheriff of LAPD. Although eye witness said that he was struck by multiple vehicles while trying to cross.
Orson Bean Biography
|Real Name||Dallas Frederick Burrows|
|Birth Date||July 22, 1928|
|Death||February 7, 2020 (Aged 91)|
|Birth Place||Burlington, Vermont, U.S.|
|Profession||Actor, Comedian, Writer, Producer|
Orson Bean Height, Weight and Body Measurement
|Height||in feet inches – 6’ 0” – in centimeters – 182 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 75 kg – in Pounds – 165 lbs|
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Waist Size||40 Inches|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|School||Cambridge Rindge and Latin School|
|Acting school||HB Studio, New York|
Orson Bean Relationship Status
|What was Orson Bean marital status? (single, married, in relation or divorce)||Married|
|How many children did Orson Bean have? (name)||Four (Susannah Bean, Michele Bean, Ezekiel Bean, Max Bean)|
|Who is Orson Bean wife? (name)||Alley Mills, Jacqueline de Sibour(Ex), Carolyn Maxwell(Ex)|
Orson Bean (Selected filmography)
Orson Bean Net Worth:
He spent almost 60 years in acting career and considered as a veteran actor. Orson left behind his legacy which would be cherished for so long and his net worth is estimated to be around $4 million.
Trivia: Important Facts about Orson Bean:
- He was born and raised in Burlington, Vermont and was living in Venice, Los Angeles.
- Orson was a great admirer of comedy duo Laurel and Hardy.
- Apart from acting, he was an author and wrote several books as well.
- He was the founder of a free elementary school in New York based on the Summerhill model.
- Bean was also a founding member of Sons of the Desert, an association that aims to preserve films and the memories of Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy.
- Apparently he made guest appearances in the sitcoms like Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother and King of Queens.
- From season 6, Bean was part of the cast of Desperate Housewives, played Roy Bender, Karen McCluskey’s friend.
- Because of liberal views about then time politics, he had been included in the Hollywood Blacklist in 1950s.