Poorna Jagannathan is an American actress and producer who rose to prominence by participating in high profile television shows across the globe. She was born on 22nd December, 1972 in Tunis, Tunisia while spent most of childhood in India, Pakistan, Brazil, Ireland and Argentina. She was more interested in journalism while her college days thus, studied journalism at University of Maryland. Later she enrolled at Actors Studio Drama School and studied Master of Fine Arts however she dropped out just within her first year. Although, she continued to gain professional acting training from her mentor, Elizabeth Kemp who is her friend as well.
She has appeared in high profile television shows throughout her career and acclaimed huge fan following for her portrayals. Though she mostly known for her role of Safar Khan HBO series The Night Of and for starring in the Bollywood film Delhi Belly. She produced the theater play Nirbhaya, written and directed by Yael Farber, which addressed the theme of sexual violence. Apart from this, she played a recurring role in Better Call Saul, Blacklister # 44 on The Blacklist, as well as guest star appearances on Law & Order – Special Victims Unit.
In addition to this, she even included as a regular cast for Netflix’s Gypsy however, it was closed just after season 1. In May 2018, she was added to the star cast of American drama series “Big Little Lies” for the recurring role of “Katie Richmond”. She just recently featured on the yet another Netflix’s production, “Never Have I Ever” in April 2020. Moreover, she is an established and well-known theatre actress who participated in so many stage productions as well.
Poorna Jagannathan Biography
|Real Name||Poorna Jagannathan|
|Birth Date||December 22, 1972|
|Birth Place||Actress, Producer|
|Height||in feet inches – 5’ 7” – in centimeters – 169 cm Approx|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 60 kg – in Pounds – 133 lbs Approx|
|Bra (Breast) Size||32B|
|Waist Size||25 inches|
|Hip Size||35 Inches|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|School||Sardar Patel Vidyalaya|
|College||University of Maryland, Actors Studio Drama School at Pace University|
|Brother||Sean T. Krishnan|
|What is Poorna Jagannathan marital status? (single, married, in relation or divorce)||Married|
|How many children does Poorna Jagannathan have?||One|
|Is she having any relationship affair?||No|
|Is she a lesbian?||No|
|Who is Poorna Jagannathan Husband?||Azad Oommen (m. 2003)|
Poorna Jagannathan Net Worth
Poorna associated in the acting since so long mostly in the theatre plays and gathered sufficient fortune and wealth through her acting and producing. Her net worth is estimated around $500 thousands thanks to passion and love towards her profession.
- She was born in Tunis, Tunisia however raised up splitting her childhood in between Ireland, Argentina, Pakistan and Brazil.
- Elle Magazine listed her name in the 100 hottest things from 2011 edition.
- She was among those names who received votes for India’s top 10 most beautiful women in Femina Magazine.
- In 2012, she won the L’Oreal Femina Award for her performance in “Nirbhaya”.
- Poorna even won the Best Supporting Actress at Stardust Awards in 2012 for her role in “Dehi Belly”.
- She won “Amnesty International” award for her critical work in theater play “Nirbhaya”.
- For the same performance, she was listed by the Telegraph as “one of the most powerful plays you can ever see”.