Deontay Wilder, the first world heavyweight champion from the America is known for his fierce punching powers. He was born on 22nd October 1985 in Tuscalossa, Alabama, USA and from childhood he is in totally in love with boxing. In fact he has many boxers as idols, including Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson. However, he began to practice boxing only in 2005, and thanks to his physical skills in 2008 he participated in the Beijing Olympics and ended up winning Bronze for the USA. He later entered the professional category and became one of the currently strongest boxers.
Image of “The Bronze Bomber” and Career
Deontay Wilder is a very special style boxer both outside and in the ring. He is nicknamed The Bronze Bomber (in reference to his skin color as well as his Olympic medal, but also to the legendary African-American champion Joe Louis whose nickname was The Brown Bomber. Wilder maintains the image of a determined, proud, brutal, intimidating and provocative boxer and also widely known for trash-talking and provoke his opponents quite often. In addition to this personality who does not fail to ensure the show, the boxer has built a whole flashy staging around this character of the bronze bomber, arriving at the weigh-ins and the fights dressed in golden bathrobes, their faces hidden under Venetian masks and screaming at the top of their lungs Bomb Zquad!
He has the reputation of being a “dirty” puncher with extremely brutal blows, almost all his fights ending in a victory by KO and this in the first rounds. His win ratio in the fight is more than enough to prove his strength as his knockout-to-win ration stands at 90% with almost 20 knockouts in the first round. Throughout his career, he won Premier Boxing Champion Knockout of the Year award twice in 2016 as well 2017. He also garnered Ring Magazine Knockout of the Year Award in 2019. So many boxing magazines consider him being the second best active heavyweight in the world.
Deontay Wilder Biography
|Real Name||Deontay Leshun Wild|
|Birth Date||October 22, 1985|
|Birth Place||Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States|
|Profession||American professional boxer|
Deontay Wilder Height, Weight and Body Measurement
|Height||in feet inches – 6’ 7” – in centimeters – 201 cm|
|Weight||in Kilograms – 96 kg – in Pounds – 211.6 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Not Known|
|Chest Size||Not Known|
|Waist Size||Not Known|
|Biceps Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|School||Tuscaloosa Central High School|
|College||Shelton State Community College|
Deontay Wilder Affairs (Relationship Status)
|What is Deontay Wilder marital status? (single, married, in relation or divorce)||in Relation|
|How many children does Deontay Wilder have? (name)||Four (Deontay Wilder Jr., Dereon Wilder, Ava Wilder, Naieya Wilder)|
|Is Deontay Wilder having any relationship affair?||Yes|
|Is Deontay Wilder gay?||No|
|Who is Deontay Wilder Fiancee?||Telli Swift, Jessica Scales-Wilder(Ex-Wife)|
Deontay Wilder Net Worth:
The unbeaten WBC heavyweight champion has the record of 42 wins out of 43 fights and 41 by knockout. According to forbes, he stands at the 56th spot in the list of highest paid athletes across the world. His net worth is estimated to be around $30 million and all these wealth he has earned from boxing career including salary. He has also amassed around $500000 from endorsements and still going strong.
Trivia: Important Facts about Deontay Wilder
- He was born and currently lives in Tuscalossa, Alabama.
- During his high school, he was an athlete and plays different outdoor games such as basketball, football, baseball and track and field.
- Wilder worked four different jobs during amateur boxing career and also managed carry on training as well.
- He was once a delivery boy at Budweiser and as his weight training, he used to carry the packs of beer from once place to another.
- His initial start in career was too difficult as first daughter Naeiya was born in 2005 when he was just 19 years old.
- When his daughter was sick in pursuit to collect money, he had no other option to wear boxing gloves.
- Only after three years, Wilder found himself at the Olympic Games in Beijing and won the bronze medal for the USA.
- In 2007, he was names National Golden Gloves as well U.S. amateur champion.
- He got training and guidance of boxing from Mark Breland.